The purposes of Biblical Ethics in Medicine, Inc., are:
- to recognize the authority of the inerrant, infallible Word of God over the practice of medicine,
- to uncover and advocate the biblical principles upon which medicine must rest,
- to encourage physicians and patients to undertake the prevention and treatment of illness in accordance with Scripture,
- to challenge existing ideologies which teach the autonomy of man or the sufficiency of reason,
- to disestablish the mechanistic view of man or any other view of man that fails to acknowledge accountability to God and,
- to affirm God’s provision of mercy through biblical medicine as a secondary agency.